The 2016 Rio Olympics Events Zones
- Barra da Tijuca
These are the four main venues where the Rio Olympics 2016 will host its events. Out of these four venues Barra da Tijuca will host most of the events not only the Olympics but also the Paralympic Games as well. The rest three zones are Copacabana Beach, Maracana and Deodoro. The Olympic Village will also be located in Barra da Tijuca.
Preparations for the Olympic Venues
The historical city of Rio de Janeiro is undergoing a major revamp which was started way back when the FIFA World Cup 2014 preparations were started. The project for the same is called Porto Maravilha which covers about 5 kilometer or 1.9 square meters in area. The main aim is to redevelop the port area and will increase the attractiveness of the Rio City for the ultimate games on the earth. More venues are getting either shape or getting refaced. Let us know about some of the venues which are already ready to host the 2016 Rio Olympics events.
Existing Venues for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics 2016
- Engenhao (Joao Havelange Stadium) will host the athletic events.
- Estadio do Maracana will host the opening and closing ceremonies and it will also host the gold medal match for Football.
- HSBC Arena will host the rhythmic gymnastics, artistic gymnastics, trampoline and basketball.
- Marathon and Archery will take place at Sambadrome.
- Diving and Water polo will be held at Maria Lenk Aquatic Center.
- Volleyball events will be taken place at Maracanazinho Gymnasium.
- Rowing and Canoeing will be hosted by Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas.
- Marina da Gloria will host sailing.
- Copacabana Beach will be hosting triathlon, beach volleyball and open water swimming.
The Sporting Disciplines/Events for the 2016 Rio Olympics
- Synchronized Swimming
- Water Polo
- Mountain biking
- Field Hockey
- Modern pentathlon
- Rugby Sevens
- Table tennis
- Beach volleyball