No boring match reports! Just the most important info about the second match of the ICC World T20 2014, between Nepal and Hong Kong.
ICC World T20 | First Round – Match 2 | Nepal Vs Hong Kong
Mini Score Card
Toss: Hong Kong who elected to bowl first
T20I Debutes: None of the players from both the teams have ever played T20Is before this match hence everyone played the game made their T20I debuts.
From Hong Kong: Aizaz Khan, JJ Atkinson, Babar Hayat, MS Chapman, Haseeb Amjad, Irfan Ahmed, Nadeem Ahmed, Najeeb Amar, Nizakat Khan, Tanwir Afzal, Waqas Barkat.
From Nepal: B Bhandari, NB Budayair, SP Gauchan, P Khadka, SP Khakurel, G Mall, J Mukhiya, B Regmi, Sagar Pun, Sompal Kami, S Vesawkar
Nepal 149/8 (20) – Gyandendra Malla 48 (41) | P Khadka 41 (37) | Haseeb Amjad 3/25
Hong Kong 69 All Out (17) – Babar Hayat 20 (25) | SP Gauchan 3/9 | B Regmi 3/14
Result: Nepal won by 80 runs
Points: Nepal 2, Hong Kong 0
Man of the Match: SP Gauchan
Umpires: Aleem Dar (Pakistan) | Rod Tucker (Australia) | Paul Reiffel (3rd– Australia) | S. Ravi (India-Reserve)
Match Referee: Javagal Srinath (India)
How they played the game
Power Plays: Nepal – 44 runs, 2 wickets | Hong Kong 35 runs, 2 wickets
First 50 runs: Nepal 47 balls, Hong Kong 58 balls
First 100 runs: Nepal 87 balls
Nepal: 80 from 67 balls | Contributors: Paras Khadka 41 (37) and Gyanendra Malla 30 (30)
Hong Kong: 28 from 28 balls | Contributors: Waqas Barkat 16 (15) and Babar Hayat 12 (13)
Important facts about the match:
- This is the first time in five years an associate member has won a match in ICC World T20.
- Last time in 1999 ICC World Cup an associate member, Ireland tasted the victory by defeating Bangladesh.
- Previously Nepal had beaten Hong Kong twice in any T20 game, last time in the qualifying tournament in Abu Dhabi when they beat Hong Kong on the very last ball.
- All 22 players involved in the match made their T20I debut. NP Budayair and Sompal Kami of Nepal made their T20 debuts.
- Five wickets in five balls: Nepal lost their last 4 wickets in 4 balls Hong Kong then lost a wicket off the first ball
In the picture: Shakti Gunchan (Nepal).
Pic Courtesy: ESPN-Cricinfo